Full scholarship funding, with no cost to the participant, for the NPQ in Headship is available for those who meet the following criteria:
- are, or are aspiring to be, a headteacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school
- work in a state-funded school in England that is within the top 30th percentile in relation to pupils on Pupil Premium as of the end of the previous academic year
- are a headteacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school
- are in the first 24 months of headship
- work in a state-funded school in England
Additional support offer for the NPQ in Headship
In addition to the reformed suite of NPQs, the department is introducing an additional support offer for new headteachers from autumn 2021. This is a targeted support package for teachers new to the role of headship.
You are eligible for this targeted support package if you meet the following criteria:
- are in your first 24 months of headship
- work in a state-funded school in England upon starting the training
- have either completed an NPQH before taking up your first headship post or are currently taking the NPQH
- have not withdrawn from the additional support programme previously
The offer provides structured, unassessed face-to-face support based on the best available evidence about what makes an effective headteacher. While the exact content of this support will depend on the provider chosen, activities could include a combination of group coaching, one-to-one support discussions and peer network support.